I tell everyone how invaluable twitter is if you are in network security nearly daily and the next question is always “Who should I follow?”. The answer to that question changes all the time but here are my top 10 security voices on twitter to prime your pump as of today.
10. Mikko Hypponen (@mikko); CRO at F-Secure
09. Andy Ellis (@csoandy); Akamai CSO
08. Wesley McGrew (@McGrewSecurity); Mississippi State University CCSR
07. Jack Daniel (@jack_daniel); InfoSec Curmudgeon
06. Richard Bejtlich (@taosecurity); CSO at Mandiant
05. Brian Krebs (@briankrebs); Blogger
04. Sans ISC (@sans_isc); The Internet Storm Center
03. Naked Security (@nakedsecurity) Sophos Blog
02. Microsoft Security Response (@MSFTSecResponse) Microsoft Corporation
01. Cisco Security (@CiscoSecurity) Cisco Systems
Remember twitter is a two way form of communication. See who these people talk to and check them out. Before long you will have a really strong network of security contacts right in your tweetdeck.
Of course you could always follow me (@jgamblin).